Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quick Hits

Hi All.

New car, new computer. And by new, I mean new to me. They are not new by any stretch of the imagination. You've met the new car already (which I'm trying to name -more on that later); the computer I picked up from a repair company on the Island. It's an old HP laptop, 512 MB RAM and a 40 GIG HD. Not exactly blowing the proverbial technology doors off, but I got it for sixty skins and it sure beats having nothing. Thanks to the boys at User Friendly!

In terms of naming the car, I've always had a penchant for giving my cars old fashioned women's names, like Dottie or Rose or Millicent, but all of that got thrown into turmoil once I got my new license plate. Look at those letters! I don't think I can pass up the opportunity to incorporate "The Fonz" or "Fonzie" or "Arthur Fonzarelli" in some manner or another. All recommendations are welcome. Time for some quick hits!

1) If you're looking for some quick and interesting facts about the goofy world we live in, check out What I Found When I Was Bored.

2) If there is one tip about Gmail that you must know, this is definitely it.

3) Google Maps has created a flu shot finder to help people find the nearest locations to get their shot.

4) My Parents Were Awesome posts photos of peoples parents when they were young and cool.

5) Renowned download site FileHippo has now offers a program that checks for updates on all (well... most) of your software. It's AWESOME.

6) Numbr – This is a really good one. Basically, Numbr gives you an anonymous disposable phone number that can be set to forward all incoming calls to any provided landline or mobile number (US only). Absolutely free. It’s an ideal solution for times when you want to keep your phone private but want to list your contact number in places like classifieds listings, social networking sites, blogs, etc.

7) I'm a little late with this one, but it's National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. So get off your ass and do something for the less fortunate, you ingrate.

8) Ever wanted to find a font just like the one used by certain publications, corporations, or ad campaigns? Well now you can, using the WhatTheFont font recognition system. Upload a scanned image of the font and instantly find the closest matches in their database.

Here's one of my all time favorite songs, Dance With Me by The Drifters.



AB

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter