Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quick Hits

Hello, good people!

You may have wondered where I have disappeared to as of late. Sure there's been a spattering of posts here and there, but let's be honest... my heart hasn't been in it. The reason for that, you see, is that I've... been... WORKING! That's right gang. The seemingly terminally unemployed Andyboy has been busy as a little beaver these days doing actual work for actual money.
I was labouring over the excruciating idea of applying for full time work and going through the wretched interviewing process when it dawned on me. I'll go into business for myself and do strictly freelance work. My time as an Office Manager/Executive Assistant for one of the top Realtors on Hilton Head has prepared me very well for this kind of work.

To date I have been hired by three people who immediately hired me back to do more work. I have also been contracted out for 100 hours worth of work by one of them, and all of this in just a matter of ten days. The money is very good, and while I'm not working as much as I might like right now, I'm taking advantage of that by continuing the volunteer work at the food bank and the YANA club. And if it doesn't work out, I can always go to Plan B. Or Plan C.

Life is really wonderful, people. Time for some quick hits.

1) We're well in to the fall, so here's a collection of pumpkin recipes.

2) What’s in a Nickname? The Origins of All 30 NHL Team Names.

3) The history of the Hollywood studio logos.

4) Super Macro Your Cellphone Camera With A DVD Lens. This is an extremely cool looking trick that I can't wait to try. I even have a busted DVD player to use!

5) The Cheese & Burger Society offers a ton of hamburger ideas at their fantastic website. A must see for grilling aficionados.

6) If you want to help a friend, relative or neighbor who is struggling financially, and at the same time do want them to feel embarrassed and awkward about it, Givinganon has a solution. It is a non-profit website that lets you anonymously donate money to anyone you want. Every penny is forwarded to the recipient without putting him/her into embarrassing situation.

7) Here is a scene from the upcoming disaster flick 2012. Yes, please.

8) Drag Me To Hell is coming out next week and I'm dying to see it. What are the best horror comedies?

9) Attention Twitter nerds - here are the five best Twitter clients.

10) Someone is designing the world's only Bill Paxton pinball machine. Awesome.

11) You Suck At Craigslist documents all the really terrible Craiglist posts out there.

12) Here is the Wikipedia page listing free alternatives to proprietary software. So if you don't like shelling out hundreds of dollars for fancy pants Adobe products or antivirus software, then this is the place for you.

That's it for now party people. Here's Top of the Pops by The Rezillos.



AB

**************************************
Margot says:

"Andyboy's working? You gotta be KIDDER me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter